Monday, January 2, 2012

52 weeks to simplify your life {SYL: Week 1}

Following the 52 weeks to simplify your life from Deb over at Home life simplified.


Week 1 challenge is to create a list of what went right in 2011.


Ive found this very difficult to achieve/complete as 2011 was a kind of sucky year for us. 7 months of pain from pregnancy, loosing my little girl to complications, having 2 of my little girls diagnosed with autism, watching my mum get sicker and more riddle with pain and on and on it went.


SO... enough of the bad and onto the challenging part.


2011.. the positives!


Late in 2010 I bought a house, in 2011 I achieved a LOT in the house. We planted fruit trees, put in 2 large vegie patches and did some paving, my parents got us a shed for my bday and some baby chickens for xmas :P Also put in ceiling fans, a built in robe for my bedroom, a dishwasher (BEST thing ive done in ages!) and sooooo many other things!


Miss T started school in 2011. Shes so smart and doing so well, shes learnt to read and do math and all sorts. Shes having an absolute ball and im super proud! Miss J starts in 3 weeks so i hope it goes just as well for her :)


Despite my Amelia passing im so glad i got to carry her to term, feel her kicking and hiccuping away and then got to spend 3 full days with her after her birth getting to know her cute little nose, her little rounded chin and her perfect little fingers.



After loosing her my parents and brothers and sisters finally found the love and closeness we have all lacked for the better part of the last decade. We have been so busy going in different directions we forgot to be a family. We are all closer now and trying harder to be a family :)


Ive learnt not to take anything for granted anymore. I wont take having my healthy little girls for granted, i tell them how much i love them everyday and make sure that i do my best to make the most out of every day with them.


There has been a lot of pain and sadness in our lives in the last year, a lot of suffering, misfortune and upset. But the bonus is we have survived the worst, we are slowly starting to heal and try and make the most out of everyday we have together. Its not easy but we are doing our best.
And im greatful that we have all managed to get so far in such a short frame of time and we are all together.


Moving forward into 2012 All i hope is that we have a slightly better year with love, laughs and lots of fun.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Meg!
    I just wanted to say how awesome it is that you were able to do this first task so well after the devastating year you have had. I am also doing the SYL challenge and found this task hard too. Reading your post definitely fills me with gratitude and reminds me that things could always be so much worse. You are strong, and have a beautiful heart.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing.. It's fantastic that you are able to look to the positives and focus on the good in your life.. looking forward to some great reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) Staying positive is the only way i can move forward and accept things the way they are. Last year i was at a point where i thought things could get much worse, and they did. Now i know to be greatful for what I have, while I have it. And deal with the rest later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing Med - the photo is beautiful. It is terrible that a tragedy is sometimes the wake up call for a family, but how incredible that yours did indeed find each other again. I hope 2012 brings you great peace and happiness and your little ones continue to grow and thrive. (yay for starting school and rocking it!)

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete